Internet-based hosted services
In an age when we all want ‘more bang for our buck’, businesses need technology that not only offers greater flexibility but also cost-effectively adds value to their organisation.
Internet-based hosted services are an excellent way of achieving both of these objectives.
Arguably the best example of this on the market is Microsoft’s Business Productivity Online Standard Suite.
Microsoft BPOS is a set of messaging and collaboration tools, delivered as a subscription service, that give businesses rich capabilities, without the need to deploy and maintain software and hardware on-site.
The suite includes Microsoft Exchange Online for email and calendaring; Microsoft SharePoint Online for portals and document sharing; Microsoft Office Communications Online for presence availability, instant messaging, and peer-to-peer audio calls; and Office Live Meeting for web and video conferencing.
• Familiar, trusted services delivered from the ‘cloud’ quickly and easily
• Multiple online services – the best value for customers who need more than one online service
• Always-up-to-date technologies backed by a 99.9% uptime guarantee
• 25 gigabytes (GB) of mailbox storage per standard license
• Mobile access through a variety of mobile devices to key services, including email, calendar, and shared content
• Economical options for your entire work-force – mobile and deskless workers can get simple access to email and portals with BPOS Deskless Worker Suite
And here’s the best bit – the price.
BPOS packages start from as little as £3.36 per month per user, and no servers are required, just laptops, desktops or mobiles, and an internet connection.
For instance, a new start-up with ten users would pay just £33.60 per month (minimum contract 1 year) and they could be up and running within a day – with no capital expenditure.