We gather this information as Northpoint Publishing Limited trading as Lancashire Business View (LBV).
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly. This policy was last updated on 14 May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please direct your questions to our website administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of information
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal data to use the website.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data, but does not include personal data
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for a print or LBV Hub subscription, or purchase a copy of a back issue, or when you sign-up to our email list for our weekly news bulletin, marketing messages or information on LBV products and services or its partner’s products and services
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
When completing any of the activity in point 2 above, you have the choice to opt-in to our communications. You can opt-out at any point in time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email, or by emailing email@example.com
Data is retained for no longer than is necessary for its purpose following which data is deleted securely.
Lawful basis for processing
Information collected from the website and stored is for the legitimate interest of responding to and acting upon the task for which it was provided.
Subscription to our print or LBV Hub services requires us to contact you about the subscription. We will include you in our marketing lists if you opt-in at the time of signing up. You can opt-out at any point in time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where applicable, consent is requested before processing information further via our opt-in tick boxes.
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely. Whilst we hold it, your information is safely stored within the UK.
Access to information
To request access / change / removal / restriction of information we may hold, please use on of the following methods to contact our data protection officer:
Telephone: 01254 297870 Email: email@example.com Post: East Park Lodge, East Park Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 8DW
Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
What communications will I receive?
- Service emails After subscribing to Lancashire Business View (either for print or LBV Hub subscription), you will receive an initial email from us to confirm your subscription. Following this, from time to time, you may receive further emails specific to your subscription. If you register to attend an event through Lancashire Business View we will contact you to process the registration and with other relevant information about that specific event. We collect data for our events via third party websites, please see the ‘Use of third party websites’ section below.
- News, information and marketing With your consent, we may use your information to keep you informed about news and events across Lancashire with our weekly news bulletin (distributed each Wednesday), plus other information in relation to LBV, its products and services and its partner’s products and services.
If you are not happy for your data being used this way, please contact us on the details above.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Disclosure of information to third parties
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
Where appropriate, personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties, where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests or for the purposes identified above.
Third party links
Use of third party websites
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.