PPC Advertising is an effective way to build your business’s online presence. We’ll let you know what it is and some of the most common PPC mistakes.
What is PPC advertising?
PPC advertising is a shortening of pay-per-click advertising. This is where an advertiser pays each time the advertisement is clicked. The aim of PPC advertising is that you will carefully plan a strategy that reaches the people who are genuinely interested in what your business offers. So, when the purchase is made, you should receive a great return on investment from your ads.
PPC Advertising can be completed on many platforms, such as search engines or social media. It’s a good idea to do some research into your target audience and assess where you’ll be most likely to reach them.
PPC marketing is highly effective when it is carried out correctly. PPC campaigns require a lot of planning and monitoring to be successful. It can be useful to have a digital agency on hand to support you with your PPC campaigns.
What are the benefits of PPC advertising?
One of the biggest benefits of PPC advertising is that you can target very specific demographics. You’ll find that you can target users based on their age, location and even job title in some instances. This allows you to ensure that your target audience is going to see your content.
PPC also offers a lot of control. For example, it’s your choice which keywords you target and how much you’re willing to bid for them. You can alter these quickly if you need to.
The success of your PPC campaigns can be seen reasonably quickly. With careful planning of your strategy and budget, you can have PPC ads performing quickly.
Common PPC mistakes
- Not selecting the right keywords - find a range of keywords performing at different levels. Ensure that the keywords are relevant to your business.
- Not utilising keywords in the advertisement copy - When you’ve found relevant keywords, use them to your advantage. Include them in your advertising copy to keep users engaged.
- Not thinking about the device your advertisement is being displayed on - The amount that you pay to advertise under certain keywords can vary depending on the screen the advertisement is displayed on.
- Not considering your own brand name - some businesses may bid to advertise above your brand name when it is searched, you might want to look into how much it would cost for you to advertise using your brand name as a keyword.
- Not tracking your ad campaigns - use digital marketing to your advantage and ensure that you track your campaign. This will help you to see which aspects are working well and where improvements can be made.
Some businesses find it useful to run multiple PPC campaigns at once. This can help you to achieve maximum exposure.
If you want to boost your brand’s online presence, PPC advertising is a great place to start. We offer a successful PPC management service where we’ll plan, complete and monitor your campaigns. Get in touch with our friendly team for more information on our PPC management services.
Enjoyed this? Read more from Complete Online Solutions