Marketing and events executive
Full-time, permanent, hybrid working from the office and home
Flexible working will be considered
Reporting to: Head of marketing and events
Up to £20,000 per annum
Join our team!
We are seeking a marketing and events executive to join our busy marketing and events team which work across all aspects of our brands and business.
We publish an award-winning magazine and stage award-winning, industry-leading events. We are an independent business based in Lancashire and we’re planning to grow.
Lancashire Business View (LBV) magazine has been the magazine for industry, commerce and regeneration in the county since 2005. We bring the Lancashire business community together to celebrate success and encourage trade in the county.
We have a large online presence which is updated daily; a digital version of the magazine; we distribute frequent online communications; and have a strong following on social media.
We stage around 30 events each year, mostly within the LBV events calendar ranging from themed debates for up to 10 delegates to the national award-winning Red Rose Awards which attracts more than 1,000 guests annually.
We are a small and dynamic team, and all contribute to the direction of the business. We work hard and have a lot of fun in the process!
We are looking for someone ready and raring to join a fast-paced work environment and get stuck in. Every day at Lancashire Business View is different and this role offers a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience on all aspects of marketing and events including:
- Development and execution of marketing campaigns
- Development and design of marketing materials
- Copywriting and PR
- Website management and editing
- Email marketing
- Advertising campaigns
- Social media marketing
- Support for our sales and editorial teams
- Data updates and management
- Liaising with our suppliers and partners
- Event planning and administration
- Set-up and management of online events
- Sponsor, guest and venue liaison
- Event visuals and materials
- Setting-up and attending LBV events
- Attending and exhibiting at external events
- Marketing support for events
Some flexible work is required for this role for events that can take place outside of normal working hours.
- First class written English skills
- Marketing experience
- Can-do positive attitude
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- IT literate with knowledge and experience in Microsoft office programmes such as word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Event experience
- Full driving license and access to own car
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Access to learning / skills development
- Health plan
- Flexible hybrid working at home and in the office
- Employer pension contributions
- Lots of attention from the office dog!
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter which outlines your suitability for this role to Rachael Norris, head of marketing and events at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role please contact Rachael on 01254 297870.
Closing date for this role is 21 October, however we encourage early applications as it will be closed if sufficient applications are received.