Workplace Evolution Podcast #5: Emotional intelligence, Donald Trump and NASA
In Episode #5 of the podcast Michael Costello (director of Workplace Evolution based in Lancaster) meets with Dr Steve Stein, one of the first psychologists to not just research emotional intelligence but to believe in it when other's didn't. He is the author of EI for Dummies and psychologist for reality TV shows such as Big Brother.
We explored some fascinating topics in out discussion
- What Emotional Intelligence actually is, why it is important and how you can improve this area at work
- The "EI" traits that make for an ideal president!
- Why NASA is considering EI as a key factor for success in its mission to Mars!
- How does EI relate to EI and can it really help predict a Big Brother Winner?
- How global leaders such as Satyan Nadella at Microsoft and Ginny Rometty at IBM use EI in the workplace
Click here for the podcast: http://bit.ly/33beB1g
Also, stay tuned as to why Michael owes Dr Steve Stein a pint as well as fish and chips!
If you enjoyed the podcast please like and share! If you would like to be on the podcast and have great business insights to share get in touch at admin@workplaceevolution. Thank-you for listening! You can find out more about us at the following addresses:
Michael Costello's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelcostellooccpsych1/
The Workplace Evolution podcast is brought to you by Workplace Evolution Ltd - The Natural Selection For Workplace Solutions! Michael Costello is the Managing Director of Workplace Evolution based in Lancaster, UK.