Red Rose Awards helps raise £9,000 for Cash for KidsThank you to all the generous donors at this year's Red Rose Awards and to Barclays for matching donations on the night which helped Cash for Kids to raise over £9,000.
This money combined with other fundraising appeals and events is now making a difference to children and young people in Lancashire.
We have made grants to support over 3,000 children since the beginning of 2018 including:
- 5 schools in Lancashire have benefited from multisensory rooms, outdoor play equipment, an outdoor stage area, hygiene and uniform grants and a quiet room for autistic children.
- Beds for Blackpool Neonatal Unit so parents and siblings can stay with their tiny babies.
- Preston City Trampoline Club have new equipment so they can offer additional sessions for disabled children.
- East Lancashire Hospital have new multisensory toys for the childrens ward.
- A grant to buy beanbags for children who are having cancer treatment.
- Specialist car seats and beds for children who have complezx medical conditions
- 20 children from disadvantaged backgrounds were given a place at a local playscheme over the summer holidays
- A grant towards life saving equipment in memory of a young man who drowned