Nurturing the next generationAs we near the time of year that newly qualified eager solicitors join their new firms - dressed in their new suits - it is important that we look after them.
After all, in the words of Whitney Houston: “I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way!" Here are a few tips to ensure they stay….
- Ensure that their mentors and supervisors have excellent people management skills
- Ensure that they are placed in the right team-culture and personality fit is paramount
- Ensure that moral is high, organise a welcome night out
- Ensure there is an anonymous suggestion box where employees can suggest how their work situation can be improved this can be invaluable to the firm, junior member of staff wouldn’t voice their thoughts and feelings for fear of “rocking the boat”
- Ensure they have a “buddy” which are often invaluable for new members of staff no matter how qualified
- Ensure contact is made and praises given when they have done something great