HR and Recruitment
Mr Motivator MBE: Motivation for the “Covid Hurricane” and exercising racism out of the media
Business Psychologist Michael Costello meets Mr Motivator (Derek Evans) to explore how we can stay motivated during the challenging times of Covid or what he calls "Life's Hurricanes".
The interview explores how he dealt with racism in his career, particularly from media network sponsors who told him "A black man doing fitness can't work".
Recorded before the award of his MBE by the Queen for services to health and fitness, the interview also asks whether he felt he had received the recognition for his work in breaking down racial barriers.
• How we can get our mindset right & feel energised before we set off to work
• The importance of drawing from our past experiences to sustain belief & motivation
• How he responded to Covid during 2020 & racism from TV sponsors in the 1990s
• The importance of the country moving forward together using lessons from the past
• The obesity crisis facing the UK & the recommended 20 minutes a day exercise
• Lastly, do you think Mr Motivator has ever taken a "Sickie"?
Get your Lycra ready and make sure you're warmed up for this one!...
If you feel you have been impacted by any of the issues raised in the podcast please have a look at the link below:
If you enjoyed the podcast please like and share! If you would like to be on the podcast and have great business insights to share get in touch at admin@workplaceevolution. Thank-you for listening! You can find out more about us at the following addresses:
The Workplace Evolution podcast is brought to you by Workplace Evolution Ltd - The Natural Selection for Workplace Solutions! Michael Costello is the Managing Director of Workplace Evolution based in Lancaster, UK