How to avoid common leadership errors
How do you avoid errors when leading your business through this ever-changing era?
In an evolving world, Leadership is vital to managing change and boosting business growth. However, with the current climate how much thought is given to this?
Do you follow a process and map out what needs to happen to strengthen and develop strong relationships with your teams and clients?
When change happens, people look to one place for communication, support and direction - the leaders in the business!
To successfully lead, in a rapidly changing business landscape, building trust and strengthening relationships is key to help sustain continued performance and business growth.
By avoiding eight main pitfalls, change can be effective, empowering and good for business! We can all think of major brands that failed to change with the times and became just “history”. Did they avoid the eight steps below and do you?
Adapting and thriving through change is key to success
- Not planning and establishing a sense of urgency
- Not creating a powerful guiding collaborative coalition
- Lack of vision from the top
- Not communicating the vision to everyone
- Not removing obstacles to the vision
- Not planning for and creating short-term wins
- Declaring success too soon
- Not anchoring changes in the culture
More mistakes can be made, but, these eight are the major ones. Even successful change is full of surprises. By avoiding these eight errors, you can determine the difference between success and failure.
Whatever your business, adapting and thriving through change is key to success.
Let us help embed a leadership culture and support you to successfully manage business change in these uncertain times.
- For further Lancashire business news, advice and analysis subscribe to Lancashire Business View or join the LBV Hub from just £2.50 per month. Click here to subscribe now.