Grant available to SMEs new to importing or exporting
Accoutants and business advisors, Cowgills is urging Lancashire businesses to contact them if them if they believe that they are eligible for HMRC’s SME Brexit Support Fund which has been launched to help SME’s new to importing or exporting.
The government funded grant, gives businesses up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice. VAT director at Cowgills Carolyn Van Hecke comments:
“Our team is working with a variety of businesses providing a complete review of supply chains, including sales and purchases to ensure that any post Brexit VAT compliance is accurate. We are also able to identify any risks and opportunities that may be available.
“Providing that businesses are eligible the grant should cover the cost of our review, so we urge businesses to take advantage before applications close at the end of the June.”
Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.
In order to be eligible, your business must:
- Be established in the UK.
- Have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status.
- Not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations.
- Have no more than 500 employees.
- Have no more than £100 million turnover.
- Import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland. If you already import or export goods from or to a non-EU country, you are not eligible for this grant.
Business must also either:
- Complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods.
- Use someone else to complete import or export declarations but require additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain).
Cowgills has provided a guide which will assist you further, when applying for the grant AVAILABLE HERE
If you do have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Carolyn Van Hecke, email@example.com.