Build it, and tell them you’ve built it!
Have you ever seen Field of Dreams? “Build it and they will come...”
Exhibiting can be costly, but it is a great way to promote your business, meet old and new customers and showcase your products or services. So don’t fall into the trap of thinking that once you’ve booked your stand, your work is done. Here are some things to do which will make all the difference to how successful your trade show appearance will be:
- Send (via email and in the post) a personal invitation to all your clients telling them that you will be at the show and inviting them to join you there (with a link to register)
- Upload the stand details to the homepage of your website, and make sure your news section is updated with exhibition details/ what you will be exhibiting.
- Send out a press release about your attendance at the show (details of magazines covering it, will usually be in your exhibitor’s pack)
- Tweet about the event.
- Share the information on your LinkedIn profile
- Spend time ringing your top 50 customers to do a follow up to the invitation you’ve sent through the post to them.
- Think of giveaway prizes to encourage people to leave their details at your stand - it does not have to be expensive…..or maybe just a business card drop to win a prize
- Make sure you put your latest press releases in the press office
- Include details of the show you are attending on your email footer – with a link to register