Blackpool women show way in EVAs awards
The finalists of the coveted business awards for women across the North West, the Enterprise Vision Awards (EVAs) 2015, have been revealed.And there is a significant increase in entries this year, which made competition particularly tough but 12 businesses from Blackpool have reached the finals across the 16 categories.
- Jo Thomas from Alice’s Tea Room are up for Hospitality Industry Business of the Year.
- Gemma Gardener – Holisticdreamz Ltd – Health and Fitness Business of the Year.
- Helen Lucking from Napthens Solicitors – Professional Services of the Year.
- Kristen Durose from Red Star Wealth Management – Networker of the Year.
- Kila Redfearn from The Winter Gardens – Customer Services of the Year.
- Beverley Wood from Beverley Wood Design Limited – Small Business of the Year.
- Kristen Shearer – Rawcliffe & Co Limited – Financial Services category.
- Sonya Brannigan – Adcroft Hilton – Financial Services category.
- Tracey Park and Lisa Houghton from Talking Tots - Small Business of the Year.
- Anya Morris from Anya Morris Bespoke Millinery – Creative Business of the Year.
- Candice Higgins from Whitehead & Howarth – Financial Services Business of the Year
- Jackie Speight from Angel Virtual Assistant – Networker of the Year.
Launched back in 2011, the EVAs provide women across the North West with the opportunity to be recognised for their achievements in business.Founder, Coral Horn said: “Whether they are the business owners or a driven team player within an organisation, the awards shine a light on those whose continued passion, determination and drive make all the difference.
“We are one of few awards that recognise those operating as a sole trader, within an SME or even the big players, and the level playing field in each category always gives the judges some very tough decisions to make. We look forward to seeing everyone on the night.”
Heather Waters, territory enterprise manager at NatWest, said: “We have been sponsoring the awards for three consecutive years now and always look forward to hearing about the wonderful work that has taken place over the last 12 months.”