Are you managing your asbestos?
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 states that all duty holders with known or presumed asbestos within their premises must have an effective written asbestos management plan in place.The asbestos management plan identifies the risks posed by the asbestos present in the property and sets out procedures to control them.
An asbestos management plan will typically include:
- Key asbestos information‚ usually from an asbestos survey;
- Risk assessments of each occurrence of asbestos;
- Action plan;
- Monitoring & re-inspection regimes;
- Training requirements;
- Roles & responsibilities;
- Dissemination of information;
- Duties of the Asbestos Coordinator; and
- Policies and procedures for emergencies, refurbishments, day-to-day operations and for less usual work or tasks.