Finding the right people for your business has never been more important.
Apprenticeships are an exciting option aimed to support you to reskill or upskill your organisation.
By offering an apprenticeship you can ensure that the skills developed are matched to your company’s current and future needs. This will help fill any skills gaps and allow your business to source future managers and leaders from within.
Businesses can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely. You can hire someone new or upskill an existing employee.
If you want to know more but need some help, then sign up to the Lancashire Skills Pledge.
The skills pledge is a free service and provides Lancashire businesses with one door to find out more about the skills and training initiatives in Lancashire including:
- How to build the talent of employees through apprenticeships
- What training is available to upskill an existing workforce through apprenticeships
- How to reach those that would not consider applying for a job
- Get information on apprentice initiatives and incentives for businesses
- Access levy funding to pay for the apprenticeship training
Also, as a skills pledge employer, you can gain recognition for the great work you already do for your employees.
Enjoyed this? Read more from Dr Michele Lawty-Jones, Lancashire Skills Hub