As a year rolls by, Thompsons has shown that family values still carry significant weight in the modern world.
Staff at Thompsons recently celebrated being back under family ownership.
In 2019 brothers, Matthew and Joseph Thompson sold Thompsons Contracts Blackpool Ltd to Private Equity, to grow and develop the business. However, in 2023 Matthew reacquired the company with the intention of returning it to a family run business, focussing on quality craftmanship and excellence in delivery.
It’s been 12 months since Matthew reacquired the company and to celebrate this milestone he treated the staff to breakfast and added: “I am thrilled to announce that our business has reached an exciting milestone – we are celebrating our 1st year anniversary of Thompsons 4.0 today!
"Twelve months ago, we started again! To be honest, reacquiring Thompsons was never part of the plan, but with all of your hard work, commitment and dedication, I’m glad we did. The aim was to turn the company around and secure its future for all, we have achieved both in just 12 months. I am incredibly proud in all that we have accomplished together.”
The accomplishments of the past year are many, but I would like to take this opportunity to highlight just a few…
- Our client base has continued to grow and diversify across sectors. In particular, Hotels, Premier League Football Clubs and new franchise operators. This strengthens our position in a competitive market and aids with market fluctuations.
- Our H&S audit scores have increased, which ultimately provide safe working environments for all.
- The workshop improvement plan has been a success with increased productivity, staff retention and investment in new equipment.
- Increased staff retention and hiring of some excellent team members has resulted in a strong team ready for a busy 2024. We are investing more than ever in training staff across all departments, strengthening the team and supporting individuals career development.
- Creation of a Solar Division has provided us with an additional offering to current clients and allowed us to diversify into new markets across the industry.
- Our corporate responsibility continues to grow through our own environmental improvements and in our local community, through the support of Brian House Children's Hospice – raising £10k at the Blackpool 10k run and as the headline sponsor for the Elmer Art trail in Blackpool, launching later this spring.
- We have invested and considered the reward and recognition of staff, and enjoyed some great team building events, nights out, quarterly recognition of individuals and a new bonus programme across the company.
Not ones to rest on its laurels, Thompsons celebrated this anniversary with a testament to their success and evolution: a new, vibrant website. Packed with information, customer testimonials, and insight into the journey that has brought them here, the website: www.thompsonslimited.co.uk serves as a welcome reminder of how far the company has come. Yet, it doesn’t forget to show how those essential family values have remained integral in every step of this journey.
At the same time, Thompsons has given a nod to the future, by recently announcing its venture into the solar sector, true to their ethos of top-quality craftsmanship and comprehensive service.
Understanding the growing necessity for renewable energy solutions and recognising its pivotal role in combating climate change, Thompsons has stepped forward to offer businesses bespoke advice on sustainable, solar energy. This step aligns Thompsons with modern green energy goals and highlights the adaptability and foresight that have defined the company’s journey since it was established in 2008.
A significant advantage for businesses seeking to embrace greener solutions, Thompsons’ expertise and reliable approach is more relevant now than ever. As a long-established, multifaceted company, their experience spans numerous industries, from hospitality and leisure facilities to healthcare, hotels, and retail. With such a diverse portfolio and its strong values, Thompsons stands ready to help companies from different sectors optimise their energy solutions and adopt environmentally responsible practices.
As the Thompsons embarks on this exciting new phase, the future promises to uphold their enduring commitment to unparalleled experiences for their customers and their continuous strive towards cultivating stronger, environmentally conscious communities.
Under Matthew Thompson’s renewed ownership, the commitment to quality craftsmanship has remained, and with the incorporation of modern renewable solutions, Thompsons showcases that traditional values and innovation can co-exist harmoniously in business.
Looking ahead to 2024…Thompsons has the strongest pipeline of work seen in the company – both size of individual jobs, brand roll outs and prestigious clients. These include work in some of London’s most iconic buildings, Premier League football clubs and the Transport networks. The company will continue to invest in growth, innovation and individuals.
Get in touch to discuss your next project:
Tel: 01253 608470
Enjoyed this? Read more from Thompson Contracts Blackpool