Rewarding careers in the motor industry
As part of #NCW2021 we caught up with Scott Smith, head of recruitment and apprenticeships here at Swansway Group and put him on the spot about why #motorcareers are so rewarding and how to get started.
Q1: What do people say they get out of a career in the motor industry?
• Rewarding – we work with some of the best car brands and with that comes some of the best training
• Fast paced – working in the motor trade is like no other, its fluid and we react quickly to change, for example the way we adapted to lockdown
Q2: What makes a candidate stand out?
• Sitting as the team that reviews applications it would be a tailored or creative CV, the applicant does need to show the skills but if they have adapted it to the role it shows the really want the job
• Beyond a CV… Attitude and a willingness to learn. Learning at Swansway Group is a lifelong commitment, so we are looking for people who will embrace that and are always interested in being the very best.
• Values – caring honest and proud, we truly live these values
Q3: Are you currently recruiting?
• Yes we are! We currneltyhave 30 vacancies including roles in Preston and Blackburn!
#motorcareers #personaldevelopment #success #inspiration #hiring