Pendle Business Awards winners announced on Friday
In just a few days the winners of Pendle Business Awards will be unveiled.The finishing touches are now being made to the ceremony and the red carpet is ready to be rolled out for Pendle’s shining stars. Pendle Business Awards, now in its fourth year, has fast become a popular event and this year will be held at the Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel in Clayton Le Moors on Friday (May 16th).
It’s jointly organised by Pendle Council and Pendle Vision Board, which promotes the Pendle Advantage.Kelly Eardley, Business Support and Development Officer who has organised the event, said: “The awards are all about recognising our local businesses which are market leaders in their field. This year’s entries were very difficult to judge as the calibre in every category was so strong. I know our judges had a tough time selecting the winners.
“A big, big thank you to everyone who applied. We’re really looking forward to seeing you all on the night.”Winners will once again receive the coveted Pendle trophy – an elegant glass and metal sculpture inspired by Pendle Hill. It will be engraved with the winner’s name and the award category.
The trophies have been designed by local company Merc Engineering.The winners and photos will be available at www.pendle.gov.uk/
Here’s a reminder of those shortlisted for an award:
1. Pendle Manufacturer of the Year•Kirk Group•Riggs Autopack Ltd
•Pennine Labels Ltd
2. Business Person of the Year•Salma Chaudhry of The Halal Cosmetics Company•Anthony Holly of Chantelle Lighting
•Martin Harvey of Harvey Environmental Services Ltd
3. Pendle Employer of the Year•Denwa Communications•Cleaver Group Ltd
•Ashberry Recruitment Limited
4. Pendle Technology and Innovation Business of the Year•Graham Engineering Ltd•Concept Plastics Group
5. Most Outstanding Business of the Year (Medium/Large)•Kirk Group
•New Call Telecom
6. Most Outstanding Business of the Year (Small)•Denwa Communications•EA Foulds Limited
•Holker Network Solutions Ltd
7. Most Outstanding Business of the Year (Micro)•Innova Solutions•Purple Cupcakes Ltd
•Text Styles UK
8. New Business of the Year•Optimill Ltd•X Transmission
•Northern Lights Electrical and Building Services Ltd•The Halal Cosmetics Company
•We Love PR
9. Young Entrepreneur of the Year•X Transmission•Acorn Funeral Services
•Love Sweet Things•Live Like the Boy
10. Pendle Apprentice Employer of the Year•Graham Engineering Ltd
•New Call Telecom•Liberata UK Ltd Sponsors of the event are: Farmhouse Biscuits, Pendle Vision Board, Pendle Council, Senior Aerospace Weston, Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd, TaxAssist Accountants, Barnfield Construction, Boundary Mill, Training 2000 and Nelson and Colne College.