Boost Business Lancashire signs up first 200 firms
Over 200 Lancashire businesses are on the path to growth after being signed up to Boost Business Lancashire, the county’s £7.2m business growth hub.The service, which is being delivered by Lancashire County Council and five delivery partners, launched in June and offers businesses access to a range of funded and part-funded business support programmes.
Boost aims grow the county’s economy by £20m, create at least 1,200 new jobs and safeguard 700 more by 2015. The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) has provided £3.6m in funding towards Boost.Andy Walker, head of business growth and innovation for Lancashire County Council, said: “We have been calling on Lancashire’s high growth businesses, and those with high growth potential, to get in touch with us to start the growth conversation and find out what support they could be eligible for. We’ve had hundreds of businesses register their interest through the Boost website and around 200 have already been accepted onto Boost programmes.
“These companies will now benefit from world class business advice tailored to meet the needs of growing businesses.”Boost Business Lancashire is being delivered through a partnership between Lancashire County Council, Community & Business Partners, Lancaster University, Regenerate Pennine Lancashire, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and Winning Pitch. £3.6m of funding has been provided by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Boost offers a range of programmes, some 100% funded, some part-funded, including:
- Growth Mentoring by Community & Business Partners; providing high growth mentoring support through successful business leaders who have already worked through similar challenges.
- Lancashire Forum; an exclusive leadership peer-to-peer networking and development programme run by Lancaster University.
- Lancashire LEAP; led by Winning Pitch and Regenerate Pennine Lancashire, providing advice to pre-start and early start businesses.
- UCLan’s Innovation Clinic; aimed at supporting advanced manufacturing and engineering companies develop new products and move into new markets.
- Winning Pitch’s GrowthAccelerator+; an expanded version of the national GrowthAccelerator programme.