Awards celebrate best of Hyndburn businesses
Hyndburn Business Awards 2022 took place on Thursday 16 June in the Pendle Suite at the stunning Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel in Clayton-le-Moors.
More than 240 guests comprising finalists, sponsors, supporters and volunteers attended the Art Deco-themed black-tie event.
A sparkling reception, kindly sponsored by the Dunkenhalgh, greeted guests on arrival. Many made the most of the warm summer evening, meeting and mingling in the beautiful grounds of the hotel and posting their photos on social media.
Throughout the delicious three-course dinner, Britain's Got Talent finalist, Jasper Cherry, performed table magic wowing guests with his fabulous tricks. Swing Singer and consummate showman, Arthur Geldard entertained the room too, interacting with and serenading many ladies (and gents!) much to their delight.
The MC for the evening was seasoned presenter, Simon Brierley of ceremony sponsors East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce. The awards were officially opened by the Mayor of Hyndburn, Councillor Abdul Khan who expressed his pleasure at having so many local businesses celebrating together. Jason Govindji-Bruce of headline sponsors NORI HR & Employment Law shared how proud NORI are to be part of the Hyndburn business community and to sponsor the awards. Owen Phillips of charity partner Community Foundation for Lancashire informed guests of the work CFL do across the borough and the county, helping companies and individuals support charities for causes close to their hearts.
Sixteen different award categories were contested, some had nearly 50 entries and had been shortlisted down to just four finalists by the HBA judges and sponsors. The awards were presented after dinner, on stage, by the category sponsors.
The main award of the evening, the Beacon Award, was presented at the end of the ceremony, to the most inspiring entry across all categories. It went to Stacy Walsh and the wonderful volunteer team at Hyndburn Food Pantry. Unlike a traditional foodbank, the Pantry gives choice and dignity to its users, allowing them to pay a small amount to do their own shop and choose items they like and need. Visitors can have a brew and a chat with the friendly team who provide a lifeline to over 875 households in the area.
The highly contested new-for-2022 category Family Business was won by Threlfall's Farm Dairies who were there in force to receive their trophy. There was also a welcome return of Apprentice of the Year, crowned as Saul Ashcroft of NW Motors.
The HBA22 winners were:
- Apprentice of the Year sponsored by Carter Clear Accounting Ltd - Won by Saul Ashcroft of NW Motors
- Sole Trader sponsored by Unique Ladies, Hyndburn - Won by East Lancs Hot Tub Hire
- New Business sponsored by Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall Solicitors - Won by Holy Cannoli
- Large Business sponsored by +24 Marketing - Won by Barcode Logistics Ltd
- Creative Business sponsored by Carers Link Lancashire - Won by My Colourful Memories CIC
- Health & Beauty Business sponsored by Accrington Stanley Women FC - Won by Arena Hair & Beauty
- Food & Drink Business sponsored by Liz Henson Photography - Won by Westend Fish and Chips
- Medium Business sponsored by Silverwoods Waste Management - Won by Civic Arts Centre and Theatre
- Small Business sponsored by The Small Business Academy - Won by Education Business Partnership (NW) Ltd
- Micro Business sponsored by Hyndburn Arts - Won by KTZ DANCE
- Independent Retailer sponsored by Acorn Community News - Won by The Lancashire Dog Company
- Workforce Development sponsored by Nelson & Colne College Group - Won by No Dig Drainage Solutions Ltd
- Family Business sponsored by TEN Legal Solicitors - Won by Threlfall's Farm Dairies
- Made in Hyndburn sponsored by Anthem Engagement - Won by Hyndburn Food Pantry
- Customer Friendly Business sponsored by Essentialise Workplace Wellbeing - Won by Lancashire Women
- Not For Profit sponsored by Community Foundation for Lancashire - Won by Carers Link Lancashire
- Beacon Award sponsored by lovelocalsolutions ltd - Won by Hyndburn Food Pantry
Organiser Rachel Kay said: "It's the first time we've held the awards at the Dunkenhalgh and it was an absolutely super evening. There was a huge amount of cheering, drumrolling, buzz and laughter all evening so we're pretty sure everyone enjoyed themselves! We were well looked after by the hotel team and the food was delicious, the air-conditioning in the Pendle Suite was most welcome too.
"I'd like to say a huge congratulations to all of our wonderful winners, and, to each one of our finalists that they should be incredibly proud of themselves for making the shortlist. We're very grateful to our sponsors for supporting the event, especially our headline sponsors NORI HR, to our volunteers and core team for helping make it happen, our nominees for entering and the whole Hyndburn community for nominating."
Hyndburn Business Awards will run again in Spring 2023, nominations open at the end of March. Various sponsorship opportunities are available too, to find out more visit the website at hyndburnbusinessawards.co.uk and to get social with the HBA Team and view the latest news, do Like their Facebook Page at facebook.com/hyndburnbusinessawards
Photo credits: Liz Henson Photography www.lizhenson.co.uk