EnginE/Barclays Apprenticeship Event at Crown Paints
Join Barclays and Blackburn College for a breakfast event at Crown Paints, Darwen, to hear about Blackburn College’s EnginE project and how you could benefit from funded upskilling for the workforce.
You will also have the opportunity to hear about the history of Crown Paints, how it has had to be flexible to achieve lean manufacturing, through using 6S, and efficiency excellence.
An optional tour of Crown paints will also give you the opportunity to see how they manage waste, recycling and sustainability through linking with a social enterprise.
The agenda of the day will be as follows:
- 0800-0830 – Arrival and networking over breakfast
- 0830-0845 - Mark Bannister, Crown Paints - A welcome to Crown Paints and a history of how it has become a successful global manufacturer
- 0845-0900 - Linda Palentine, Blackburn College – An introduction to EnginE and how it supports Lancashire manufacturing and engineering SMEs with their workforce planning
- 0900-0915 - Hannah Baker, Blackburn College – A presentation on higher level and degree level apprenticeships which Blackburn College offers
- 0915-0930 - Teresa Bates, Jonesco Plastics, - How Jonesco Plastics has benefitted from attending EnginE masterclasses
- 0930-1030 - An optional tour of Crown Paints Recycling Centre and Nimtech Social Enterprise with the opportunity to meet Crown Paint’s Ian Coote, Waste and Sustainability Manager, John Moran, Manufacturing Manager and David Bowker, Nimtech’s Social Enterprise Manager.
To book a place click HERE
This masterclass is open to Lancashire-based SMEs in the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing sector.
This event is presented by the EnginE project, co-funded by the European Social Fund, and will give attendees the opportunity to register for workforce development support and access to funded training opportunities. Further details are available here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/business/sme-programmes/engine/
EnginE has been co-designed by Higher Education, Further Education and industry representative partners, including Lancaster University, Blackpool & Fylde College, Blackburn College and Northern Automotive Alliance