Struggling to recruit and retain staff in the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing sector?
Learn from market leaders to ensure your organisation has the competitive edge it needs to compete in a challenging sector.
Come and Meet The Watchtower Team, a fully funded programme to support the sector, at our next FREE Event
08:45 – 09:15
Registration & Refreshments on arrival
09:15 – 09:20
Welcome – Jaydee Davis, Operations Director, Community & Business Partners
09:20 – 09:35
Watchtower overview & introduction
Watchtower is a 2-year £1,000,000 initiative from Lancashire County Council to support the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing (AEM) sector targeted at tackling some of the economic impacts of Covid-19 and stimulating growth and is delivered by;
- North West Aerospace Alliance – Paul Bell, Support to innovate and diversify
- Community & Business Partners – Yusuf Musa, Recruitment support; matching at risk or redundant skilled employees with suitable businesses that have recruitment needs
09:35 – 10.00
State of skills base in the sector – George Mason, Lancashire Local Skills Improvement Plan
An overview of the skills challenges within the sector and how employers can take a central role in directing local skills provisions
10:00 – 10:30
Hear from Lancashire businesses on how they have overcome their challenges.
- Chris Mayne – MD, Forsberg Service Ltd
- David Stanley – Finance Director - ELE Advanced Technologies Ltd
- Ella Beardsworth – Pipeline Induction Heat Ltd and Neil Burrows, Burnley College. Why a career in engineering was the choice for recent Themis Platinum Apprentice Award Winner and how other businesses can attract the future workforce
10:30 – 10:35
Break & Coffee
10:35 – 11:00
Recruitment for the Sector – Mike Steel, CreateIT Recruitment
How do I recruit? The steps you can take to address skills gaps and find the people you need, including why employer branding is so important, how to really write your job adverts and where to advertise to get the best candidates.
11:00 – 11:25
Retention and onboarding of staff – Laura Hartley – LHR
You’ve recruited, now what? Steps you can take to onboard and retain your talent, focusing on retaining your existing skills base and reduce the risk of losing your talent to competitors.
11:25 – 11:50
Q&A’s session with Keynote speakers and Watch Tower partners:
ELE/Forsberg/Create IT Recruitment/LHR/Burnley College/CBP/NWAA
11:50 – 12:00
Way forward and Close
Networking & Lunch Event Close – Community & Business Partners