3D Printing Masterclass
This half day masterclass on 3D printing will be delivered by CREATE Education and will introduce:
- 3D printing technologies, the various methods of 3D printing and their pros and cons
- pre-requisites to 3D printing and what skills a business needs
- a focus on FDM 3D printing and a live demonstration of machines with a showcase of model applications
- a FDM case study and the role of FDM in manufacturing for tooling and jig productions
- a study of what materials are available and how the different properties are suited to manufacturing
- next steps and adopting 3D printing
At the end of the masterclass, delegates will have an understanding of the market available 3D printing technologies and materials and how those technologies can be applied in manufacturing environments as methods for increased efficiency and cost saving.
0800: Registration and refreshments
0830: Masterclass commence
1200: Close and networking
This masterclass is open to Lancashire-based SMEs in the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing sector.
EnginE is a new project aimed at Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing (AEM) SMEs to build their capacity for higher level skills provision and degree apprenticeships. EnginE has been co-designed by Higher Education, Further Education and industry representative partners, including Lancaster University, Blackpool & Fylde College, Blackburn College and Northern Automotive Alliance. The EnginE project is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).