Part time administrator
22.5 hours, between the office opening hours of 9am – 5pm,
Monday to Friday.
Flexible hours to suit applicant based at our office in Blackburn
Reporting to: Management team
£18,000 per annum pro-rata
Join our team!
We are seeking an administration assistant to support the business for a temporary period to cover maternity leave.
We publish an award-winning magazine and stage award-winning, industry-leading events. We are an independent business based in Lancashire and we’re planning to grow.
Lancashire Business View (LBV) magazine has been the magazine for industry, commerce and regeneration in the county since 2005. We bring the Lancashire business community together to celebrate success and encourage trade in the county.
We have a large online presence which is updated daily; a digital version of the magazine; we distribute frequent online communications; and have a strong following on social media.
We stage around 30 events each year, mostly within the LBV events calendar ranging from themed debates for up to 10 delegates to the national award-winning Red Rose Awards which attracts more than 1,000 guests annually.
We are a small and dynamic team, and all contribute to the direction of the business. We work hard and have a lot of fun in the process!
We are looking for someone with administration experience who can work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
You will support the publication of our bi-monthly business magazine and annual awards brochure by:
- Processing booking forms onto our CRM system and spreadsheet
- Sending booking agreements to clients
- Liaising with clients on artwork and ensuring deadlines are met
- Working alongside designers, editors and accounts staff, ensuring relevant magazine information is shared and up to date
- Requesting/chasing purchase order numbers from clients where relevant
You will also support the management team during busy periods where necessary with tasks such as:
- Event administration such as sending and chasing event invites
- Data updates and input
- Booking appointments for the sales team / directors
- Placing orders for office supplies
- Administration experience
- Can-do positive attitude
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- IT literate with knowledge and experience in Microsoft office programmes such as word, excel, and outlook
- Experience in business finance
- 30 days holiday (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Access to learning / skills development
- Employer pension contributions
- Lots of attention from the office dog!
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter which outlines your suitability for this role to Abbey Coates, operations manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this role is 16 May, however we encourage you to apply ASAP as it will close early if sufficient applications are received.