Nelson and Colne College’s first Industry and Employer Awards have launched in style with a glittering drinks reception, two-course meal and ceremony.
Businesses, charities and public organisations from across a spectrum of sectors joined together with college representatives and governors to celebrate the importance of partnership work, and the positive impact it has on companies and people’s lives.
A speech from NCC Principal Amanda Melton kicked off the evening while chief executive officer of Burnley FC in the Community Neil Hart and NCC’s chairman of the board of corporation Stephen Barnes were other keynote speakers. NCC alumnus and professional opera singer Seán Ruane provided entertainment.
Vice principal of NCC Alison Rushton said: “The Industry and Employer Awards night was a fabulous celebration of our partnerships and was the perfect way for the College to say thank you to individuals, businesses and organisations that we have worked closely with in recent years.
“All of our winners are shining examples of having a dedication to education, either through taking on apprentices, volunteers, or work experience candidates, going through an Apprenticeship themselves, inspiring young people, or giving up time to support the College at major events in our calendar, such as our Work Inspirations Event.
“During the night, we heard some truly enlightening stories that highlighted the breadth and depth of the partnerships we have established – we look forward to continuing this work over the coming years. Congratulations to all of our winners.”
Full list of winners:
- ·The ‘Giving Back’ Award (Micro) – Chris Pugh Photography
- Apprentice Employer of the Year (Micro) – Kellie Hughes Hair Studio
- Charity Partner Award ‘The Student Task Force’ – Canal & River Trust
- Work Experience Partnership Award – Provincial Engineering
- Creative Impact in Education Award – Concept4
- Management Apprentice Impact Award – Sandra Shaw, Castle Supported Living
- ‘Social Profit’ Partnership Award – Calico
- The ‘Giving Back Award (Large Business) – Silentnight
- Work Experience Partnership Award – Pendleside Hospice
- Apprentice Employer of the Year (SME) – Pendle Engineering
- Employer Partnership Award – Seafood Pub Company
- Apprentice Employer of the Year (Large) – Pendle Borough Council
- Innovation in Partnership Award – East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Charity Partner Award ‘Reaching Out to Young People’ – Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service
- Community Partnership Award – Burnley FC in the Community