Digital Marketing Degree Apprentice
Full-time, hybrid working from the office and home (four days in work and one day at University)
Reporting to: Head of marketing and events
Join our team!
We are seeking a digital marketing apprentice to support the busy marketing and events team across all aspects of the business and to lead on digital marketing for our brands.
We publish an award-winning magazine and stage award-winning, industry-leading events. We are an independent business based in Lancashire and we’re planning to grow.
Lancashire Business View (LBV) magazine has been the magazine for industry, commerce and regeneration in the county since 2005. We bring the Lancashire business community together to celebrate success and encourage trade in the county.
We have a large online presence which is updated daily; a digital version of the magazine; we distribute frequent online communications; and have a strong following on social media.
We stage around 30 events each year, mostly within the LBV events calendar ranging from themed debates for up to 10 delegates to the national award-winning Red Rose Awards which attracts more than 1,000 guests annually.
We are a small and dynamic team, and all contribute to the direction of the business. We work hard and have a lot of fun in the process!
Our digital marketing degree apprentice will work across all our brands including Lancashire Business View, Red Rose Awards, Sub36 and Lancashire Business Week covering:
- Website updates, development, management and analytics
- Email communications
- Social media marketing
- Animation and video
- Data updates and management
- Design and creativity in developing assets for our marketing campaigns
- Event support and attendance including support for online events
- Management of the digital edition of the magazine
- Leading on new digital ideas that will benefit the business.
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literate with knowledge and experience in Microsoft office programmes such as word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Some understanding of digital marketing including websites, email communications, social media and analytics
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for digital marketing
- Is organised and motivated with a can-do attitude
- Is a confident communicator
- Is creative and able to articulate ideas and suggestions
- Is flexible as some of our events take place outside of normal working hours
Details on the apprenticeship:
In order to qualify for acceptance onto the Degree Apprenticeship course at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), the successful applicant must have obtained one of the following qualifications (or equivalent): A-levels - 112 points at A2; or BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit or BTEC Diploma: Distinction*, Distinction*.
In addition to one of the above qualifications, GCSE’s in Maths and English Grade C or equivalent are required.
At the end of the 3-year course you will receive a BA (Hons) Digital Marketing degree qualification. As this is a recognised degree apprenticeship, the cost of the university tuition is met by the employer.
- You will work as part of our team four days a week with one day at University
- Our office is in Blackburn
- The course is run by UCLan at their Burnley Campus starting in January 2022 for 3 years.
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Access to learning / skills development
- Health plan
- Flexible hybrid working at home and in the office
- Lots of attention from the office dog!
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter which outlines your suitability for this role to Rachael Norris, head of marketing and events at email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please contact Rachael on 01254 297870.
Closing date for this role is 21 October, however we encourage early applications as it will be closed if sufficient applications are received.