Marketing and events executive
Full time, permanent 37.5 hours per week, some additional hours required for events
£16,000 – 18,000 p/a dependent on experience 30 holidays (including statutory holidays)
Northpoint Group draws together magazine publishing, event management, and PR and marketing services. We are an independent business based in Blackburn.
Lancashire Business View (LBV) is the magazine for industry, commerce and regeneration and has been connecting the county since 2005. In addition to the bi-monthly magazine, we have a large online presence – the LBV website is updated daily, we distribute frequent online communications and have a strong following on social media.
We stage around 30 events each year, mostly within the LBV events calendar, but also for external clients. These range from themed debates for up to 10 delegates to the national award-winning Red Rose Awards which has attracted more than 1,100 guests in each of the last four years.
The successful candidate will have a creative edge with the ability to work across each of our brands supporting both the marketing manager and the events manager.
About the role
This busy role is ideal for someone looking kick start their career in marketing and/or events. The role will be hands on from the start and offers the opportunity to experience all aspects of our marketing and events functions.
You can expect to work on:
- Marketing campaign planning and execution
- Website maintenance
- Email marketing
- Social media management
- Content creation
- Data management
- Analytics and reporting
- Event administration and planning
- Event set-up and production
- Fast learner and confident communicator
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- A motivated self-starter with a creative edge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility for events outside of normal working hours
- IT literate with knowledge and experience in Microsoft office programmes such as word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Good copywriting skills / journalism experience
- Degree in either marketing and/or event management
- Experience in a marketing and/or events role
- Experience in design programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience of website maintenance via CMS
- Driving licence and access to a car
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 17 November 2017
Please note: should there be high interest in the role from suitable candidates this deadline may be brought forward.