Full time, permanent 37.5 hours per week, some additional hours required for events
£16,000 – £18,000 p/a depending on experience 30 holidays (including statutory holidays)
Northpoint Group draws together magazine publishing, event management, and PR and marketing services. We are an independent business based in Blackburn.
Lancashire Business View (LBV) is the magazine for industry, commerce and regeneration and has been connecting the county since 2005. In addition to the bi-monthly magazine, we have a large online presence – the LBV website is updated daily, we distribute frequent online communications and have a strong following on social media.
We stage around 30 events each year, mostly within the LBV events calendar, but also for external clients. These range from themed debates for up to 10 delegates to the national award-winning Red Rose Awards which has attracted more than 1,100 guests in each of the last four years.
The successful candidate will have sound business acumen in order to support all aspects of the commercial department, working closely with colleagues across the business.
About the role
Reporting to the commercial director, this role is ideal for someone looking to get hands on experience with commercial activities in a fast paced environment.
The job will involve:
- Administration support for advertising and sponsorship sales
- Data management including recording and tracking of information
- Liaising with clients to ensure required information is obtained for invoicing and advising artwork deadlines
- Working with the editorial team to update magazine flat plans and ensure advertising artwork is in place by deadline
- Liaising with the design team to ensure adverts and advertorials are designed, amended and signed off by clients
- Attending networking events to represent Lancashire Business View in the business community
- Finding new commercial opportunities for the business
- Providing sales support – in print, for events and online
- Working closely with the marketing team to create effective, successful campaigns
- Planning and scheduling commercial activity
- Fast learner and confident communicator
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- A motivated self-starter with a creative edge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility for events outside of normal working hours
- IT literate with knowledge and experience in Microsoft office programmes such as word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Experience in a commercial / sales role
- Experience of CRM or similar for use in commercial activity
- Driving licence and access to a car
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17 November 2017
Please note: should there be high interest in the role from suitable candidates this deadline may be brought forward.